The Minnesota Conference UCC has a number of grant opportunities for qualified congregations, individuals, and events.
2021 Congregation Micro-Grants
The Minnesota Conference UCC Board of Directors has approved use of funds for congregation micro-grants of $200-$400 from the Ashley Endowment Fund. Grants must support the congregation’s ministry and work with children, youth and/or families.
- Congregations are limited to only one grant and may not be used in conjunction with other MN Conference UCC grants.
- The grants are for the conference fiscal year (October 1, 2021-September 30, 2022).
- The micro-grant range is limited to $200-$400.
- Grants will only be given to Minnesota Conference UCC congregations.
- Priority is given to faith formation events and programs centered around:
a) Faith Forming Five Initiatives: expanding children & youth presence in worship, at home faith resourcing, tools for theological reflection for service or mission, intergenerational ministry events, and lay/clergy leadership development; b) Multiple congregation involvement (one grant per event, not congregation); c) Children, youth and/or family specific program.
- Application deadline is rolling (grants available until the micro-grant funds are depleted).
- Notification of grant and amount will be done within two weeks of receiving the application. Grant checks will be sent after a request and confirmation of the program is made (usually within one month of the program or event).
- Creativity is encouraged!
To Apply: Submit the 2021 Ashley Micro Grant Application via email attachment or by mailing it to the Conference office. Contact Sandy Kellen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The purpose of this grant is to assist and increase the number of UCC congregations that may be sites for the required fieldwork of a ministry student. Any United Church of Christ church that is located within the Minnesota Conference of the United Church of Christ is eligible for this grant.
To Apply: Submit a proposal by September 8 to the Committee on Ministry of the Minnesota Conference, according to the Application for the Minneapolis Fund Grant.
Funded by your local church gifts from the Peace Offering, a Peace Fund Grant may be applied for by any congregation or coalition of congregations and community organizations connected to the MN Conference UCC. (See policies on the applications form.).
To Apply: Peace Fund Grant Application