Caring for the Common Good
Hosting a reverse advent calendar donation drive?Check in with kids to learn how their Daily Giving Challenge is going and offer encouragement to keep going (or restart relaxed efforts).
Share Joy with Elders
Reach out to a senior community center or nursing home. Offer to connect joyfully in a way that works best for both their needs and your group’s interests.
Ideas for joyful connection:
- Sing carols together, over video chat or in person.
- Read poems and passages, over video chat or in person.
- Craft joke-filled cards with the tips below.
Joyful card-making tips:
- What phrases or images might make someone smile this Christmas season?
- How can we share joy with elders in our own lives?
- What family members, neighbors, or friends do you want to share joy with this season?