We are delighted to announce details for the Advent, Christmas & Epiphany family toolkit. Each weekly toolkit installment will feature a video of youth and leaders from one of our local congregations engaging in conversation and reflection on the themes and scripture text for the week. In addition to these video reflections, the toolkits provide a rich and diverse collection of at-home games, activities, book recommendations, candle lighting ritual, and service ideas for individuals and families of all ages.
The leader toolkit is available in full now. It provides a diverse collection of resources for congregations. Check out these games, activities, and service projects for use with groups of children, youth, and intergenerational gatherings. The family toolkit is being released in weekly installments beginning November 28.
The themes and texts for each week are:
- Advent 1 (Nov 28): Hope – Anna & Simeon (Luke 2:22-38)
- Advent 2 (Dec 5): Peace – Elizabeth & Zechariah (Luke 1:1-25)
- Advent 3 (Dec 12): Joy – Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
- Advent 4 (Dec 19): Love – Joseph (Matthew 1:18-25)
- Christmas (Dec 25): The Birth of Love – Shepherds (Luke 2:8-20)
- Epiphany (Jan 6): Star Followers — Magi (Matthew 2:1-12)
Please contact Sandy Kellen to sign-up to receive the link to the weekly toolkit delivered to your email inbox. Contact Rev. Sheri Nelson, Outdoor Ministry Program Director, or Rev. Kevin Brown, Associate Conference Minister of Faith Formation for Children & Youth, with any questions.